First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. My name is Dmitriy Minenko and I sincerely hope your visit(s) here have benefited you in one way or another. Please let me know your thoughts regarding the content you find on www.dminenko.com. In addition to this blog I have the privilege of being a contributor to Multilingual Search blog as well.
While I don’t have a lot of time to write here, I’m doing this to help my professional growth, to network with other likeminded people to give readers some insight into what I see in the Internet marketing industry globally and specifically in markets like Russia and Ukraine that can possibly help them in some way.
I have over 12 years of experience in web design, web usability and all forms of online marketing with most of that occurring in a variety of web development and search marketing roles. It all started with self-learning HTML back in 1996 that leaded me to taking Internet System Administration certification program at University of British Columbia, which I successfully finished in 1999. My resume includes works for several leading companies, including:
- ChampionsWay , one of the largest martial arts school software developer with more than 4500 customers in over 11 countries
- HealthPricer , an award-winning price comparison shopping search engines for medications, supplements and healthcare products.
- Active Network , one of the largest online registration and event management companies in North America.
- Tourism British Columbia , provincial tourism organization, where I was managing SEO and PPC campaigns during 2010 Winter Olympics Games in Vancouver. I had privilege to work with several international SEO/SEM agencies in Canada, USA, Australia, UK, Germany, Japan to promote beautiful British Columbia as a world-class travel destination.
- Wave Maker Marketing, advertising agency for Eminata Group, the largest provider of private education in Canada.
Each job gave me a valuable experience in enterprise level web development and large scale SEO and PPC campaigns management for very different industries. For more details please visit my LinkedIn profile .
I am originally from Kiev, capital of Ukraine, one the world’s oldest cities with more than 1500 years of rich history. I have a B.S. in Physics (Optical Electronics) from Kiev State University in Ukraine.
For last 15 years I live with my family in Vancouver, BC, the most livable city (according to the latest annual ranking compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit) in the world. We are blessed here with Pacific Ocean, beautiful nature, excellent environment and friendly people. When not working, I like to spend my time skiing on local mountains, diving, camping and fishing. As a member of Point Roberts Yacht club, I regularly participate in regattas and races on my sailboat with a crew of very hot-tempered sailors.
Thanks again for visiting and I hope it has been worth your time!